Michael T. Pottow
Michael Pottow was admitted to practice law in New Mexico in 1985 and since that time has continually represented clients in litigated matters. His practice areas have included civil trial and appellate work for both defense and plaintiff in real property disputes, probate and trust disputes, and in insurance, negligence, product liability, contracts, construction, and employment law.
Mr. Pottow earned his Bachelor of Arts from Fairleigh Dickinson University in 1968. He obtained his Master of Arts from the University of New Mexico in 1971 and his Juris Doctor from the University of New Mexico in 1985.
He is admitted to practice law in all courts of the State of New Mexico, the United States District Court for the District of New Mexico and the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, the New Mexico State Bar Association, the First Judicial District Bar Association, and the Oliver Seth American Inn of Court.
He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Animal Law Section of the State Bar of New Mexico
A list of Mr. Pottow’s reported cases follows:
- Miller v. Bank of America, N.A., 2015-NMSC-022, 352 P.3d 1162
- Fahrbach v. Diamond Shamrock, 1996-NMSC-063, 122 N.M. 543, 928 P.2d 269
- Koehler v. Donnelly, 1992-NMSC-058, 114 N.M. 363, 838 P.2d 980
- Knowles v. United Servs. Auto. Ass’n, 1992-NMSC-030, 113 N.M. 703, 832 P.2d 394
- Miller v. Bank of America, N.A., 2014-NMCA-053, 326 P.3d 20
- Dion v. Rieser, 2012-NMCA-070, 285 P.3d 678
- Lujan v. Casados-Lujan, 2004-NMCA-036, 135 N.M. 285, 87 P.3d 1067
Mr. Pottow presented Fiduciary Responsibility from A Litigator’s Perspective: A Case Study at the 2012 New Mexico Probate Institute
Pamela Grace is the practice manager and legal assistant for Pottow Law LLC. She has over 20 years of experience in law-related activities, especially in litigation support. Her assistance is invaluable in delivering litigation services to our clients.